Adulting 101 is #IssaMovement’s first full workshop series! This series is designed to give you the information that is needed as an adult but never taught in school or university. Careers is the focus for the first Adulting 101 workshop. In this workshhop you’ll learn about the ins and outs of having, maintaining and changing careers.
Panelists are TBC but rest assured we’ll be joined by a fantastic line up that will be ready to share all they know about career progression.
*Please note: Student discount is available at checkout on Standard tickets. Student ID will be checked on the door, so please ensure you bring a valid form of Student ID on the event day.*
What you’ll take away from this workshop:
Careers | What does it mean in an everchanging society to have, maintain and change careers? (Panel discussion)
Deciding on the right career for you (Breakout session)
- How do I know what career path is right for me?
- How do I decide on the best company to work for?
- Should I go down a “normal” path when it comes to choosing my career?
Applications and acing interviews (Breakout session)
- The dos and the don’ts on an application/ CV
- The dos and the don’ts in an interview
- How does body language impact my chances
- How do I get over my nerves?
How to get the most from your career (Breakout session)
- When’s the right time to negotiate salary?
- How’s the best way to negotiate salary?
- How do I find a job I love?
Time for a change, how do I navigate this? (Breakout session)
- How can I move into a completely different career without starting from ground 0?
- What happens if I don’t like the career path I’ve chosen?
- I want to go full time in my business, how do I navigate this?
Agenda for the day
(Please note: this is subject to change)
9.45 – 10.15am: Registration + Networking
10.15 – 11.15am: Introduction, panel discussion and Q&A
11.20 – 11.45am: Breakout session one
11.50 – 12.15pm: Breakout session two
12.15 – 1.00pm: Break
1.05 – 1.25pm: Breakout session three
1.30 – 1.50pm: Breakout session four
1.50 – 2.00pm: Feedback forms