Adulting 101 is #IssaMovement’s first full workshop series! This series is designed to give you the information that is needed as an adult but never taught in school or university. Money, Money, Money is the focus for the second Adulting 101 workshop. In this workshop you’ll learn about money matters that most people learn on the go i.e. personal taxes, pensions, budgeting and so much more.
*Please note: Student discount is available at checkout on Standard tickets. Student ID will be checked on the door, so please ensure you bring a valid form of Student ID on the event day.*
What you’ll take away from this workshop:
Money Money Money | What they don’t teach you in school about money (Panel discussion)
Credit scores and debt management (Breakout session)
- What’s a credit score, how do I build one and why do I need one?
- Should I get a credit card? What if I can’t pay for outstanding loans?
- Is all debt bad?
Financial planning for the future (Breakout session)
- Why do I need to save for my pension now?
- What savings options are availble for me?
- What are bonds? What are ISAs? How can I secure my children’s financial future?
Budgeting/ Money management (Breakout session)
- How to create a realistic personal budget
- How can I have fun whilst budgeting?
- What’s the point of budgeting and how do I do it?
- What bills do I need to plan for?
Final breakout session – TBC
Agenda for the day
(Please note: this is subject to change)
9.45 – 10.15am: Registration + Networking
10.15 – 11.15am: Introduction, panel discussion and Q&A
11.20 – 11.45am: Breakout session one
11.50 – 12.15pm: Breakout session two
12.15 – 1.00pm: Break
1.05 – 1.25pm: Breakout session three
1.30 – 1.50pm: Breakout session four
1.50 – 2.00pm: Feedback forms